In 2011, Kate Middleton walked down the aisle of Westminster Abbey in a stunning lace Alexander McQueen dress designed by Sarah Burton; instantly, the world was smitten. Lace sleeves took the bridal industry by storm and soon lace embellishments and sleeves were the norm for wedding dresses. Fast forward seven years and I’m planning my own wedding and it’s a bit overwhelming (to say the least). Planning seating arrangements will always be complicated, but at least I can keep my dress was simple, which is why I was overjoyed to see Meghan Markle wear two very simple wedding gowns to her recent wedding to Prince Harry. The new duchess is becoming a style icon in her own right and her wedding day was no exception. Her simple, minimalist gowns were so chic — and you better believe brides like me have their hearts set on minimal styles. Here are twenty minimalist dresses that are beyond elegant for your big day.
Signs you’ve found the perfect wedding dress
Not everyone cries when they find ‘the one’, you know. Here wedding dress experts Enzoani reveal 7 other ways you just know you’ve found the perfect gown for you…
You don’t want to take it off
When you try on wedding dresses, you’ll quickly realise all dresses are beautiful in their own way and it can be hard to pick. When you put on ‘the one’, you just won’t want to take it off – that’s a pretty big sign that you’ve found it.
It will make you feel beautiful
This is the one day that all eyes will be on you. If you feel beautiful, you’ll look beautiful.
It will suit your theme
Most brides will argue the wedding dress is the most important part of the day, however if it doesn’t suit the venue or theme you could look out of place. If you put your dress on and immediately start thinking how it fits in with the rest of your wedding plans, you’re on to a winner.
It fits your everyday style
Walking into a bridal store can be overwhelming, so be prepared. Step back and think about your true style – is it vintage? Modern? Edgy? Or entirely unique? Think about what you like wearing day to day and go from there. By all means, try on every style – after all, it’s always fun to dress up – but ask yourself,
What is Your Bridal Style?
With so many wedding dress styles to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to know what style suits you best. Take our “What’s Your Bridal Style?” quiz to discover the best bridal style for you!
- Vintage Boho: The vintage boho bridal style encompasses bridal style of eras past and mixes it with a laidback, modern vibe. Drawing inspiration from the beauty of nature and making it your own, the vintage boho bride has a one-of-a-kind style.
- Classic Prep: The classic prep bridal style plays on classic, family and wedding traditions, but with a personal touch. Simple silhouettes and traditional styling are a large part of the classic prep bridal style.
- Modern Minimalist: The modern minimalist bridal style is all about clean lines and simplicity. Less is more when it comes to the modern minimalist bridal style.
- Sexy Glam: The sexy glam bridal style is full of stunning, sparkling style and attention-grabbing details. Bold beading and dramatic cutouts lend itself perfectly to the sexy glam bridal style.
- Dream Princess: The dream princess bridal style is all about creating a fairytale moment. Feminine details, light fabric and dreamy silhouettes all bring the dream princess bridal style to life.
- Rustic Chic: The rustic chic bridal style ties romantic and natural details together effortlessly. Dreamy lace and soft silhouettes are the perfect addition to any rustic chic bridal style.